Food, Yoga & You: Eating for Spiritual Well-Being
Time & Location
About the Event
While postures and breathing are well-known hallmarks of Hatha Yoga, early texts also encourage eating habits to support the soul’s journey. Lakshmi combines elements of Hatha Yoga, Ayurveda, travel to India, and 17 years of personal experience to present a fun, informative workshop designed to support your growth from the inside out. Practice, lecture, and discussion will be followed by samples of delicious, nourishing food!
Please come ready to practice! All levels welcome, no experience necessary.
Included in this workshop:
- A special practice session including asana, bandha and breathing to help illustrate workshop principles
- Applying the ancient principles of yoga to modern times
- How what you put in affects what you put out
- The link between food, breath, and the subtle body
- Subtle body versus Western anatomy
- Lecture, discussion, and time for Q&A
- Sample traditional foods to support strong digestion